ORLANDO – Orange County Library System will once again host the annual Orlando Book Festival on Saturday, April 15 at Orlando Public Library. Book lovers throughout Orange County are invited for a day full of panels, workshops and talks from bestselling authors from all over the state and beyond.
Starting at 10:30 a.m., literature lovers can expect to enjoy writing workshops on topics ranging from children’s books to romance novels and everything in between. Featured author discussions and panels for this year’s festival include:
- Publishing Tell-All with Lauren Gibaldi, Jenny Torres Sanchez, Kelly Coon
- Three authors share their behind-the-scenes knowledge and experience. Ask anything you want to know about the publishing process and industry.
- Relationships in YA with Ginny Myers Sain, Dominique Richardson, Christina Farley
- Whether its best friends, enemies, frenemies, lovers, family, or teachers, relationships are paramount to most YA fiction. Three YA authors explore the importance of relationships in books for teens.
- Improving Your Craft with Amy Christine Parker, David James Poissant, Madeline Martin, Deb Rogers
- A good writer never stops leveling up their craft. These incredible authors will share how they leveled up their writing craft and share tips for how you can become a better writer.
- Keeping It Tense with Owl Goingback, Sorboni Banerjee, Steph Post, Sarah Zachrich Jeng
- Tension is the secret to both hooking and holding the reader. These authors will discuss how they craft delicious tension in their books.
- The Joys and Difficulties of Writing for Children with Adriana Hernández Bergstrom, Christy Mandin, Jan Eldredge
- Learn how to write stories that will captivate young readers from three picture book and middle grade authors.
- Romancing the Book with Paige Lavoie, Racquel Henry, Alicia Thompson
- Romance is the best-selling literary genre in the world. Come chat with the authors that make readers swoon.
A closing keynote will be delivered at 2:30 p.m. by the author of the Goosebumps series, R.L. Stine. Registration is required to attend the keynote. Visit attend.ocls.info/event/7642964 to register and for additional details.
The Orlando Book Festival takes place on Saturday, April 15 at Orlando Public Library. This event is free to the public, but registration is recommended. For more information about this year’s event and its featured authors, visit ocls.info/obf.