ORLANDO – Twenty years ago, on October 10, 2002, the Florida A&M University (FAMU) College of Law opened to the public in Orlando, Florida. FAMU Law celebrated this special occasion with a drone-captured photo on the lawn of a huge 20. Students, faculty and staff wore orange t-shirts and formed a 20 to recognize FAMU Law’s 20th anniversary.
Graduating its first class in the spring of 2005, the re-established FAMU College of Law has proudly marked the following achievements:
- Produced more than 2,500 graduates who are lawyers and leaders
- Produced more than 1,600 minority graduates
- Produced more than 1,100 licensed attorneys in Florida
- Produced hundreds of licensed minority attorneys in Florida
- Produced 11 sitting judges in Florida, Georgia and Missouri
- Employed more than 600 faculty and staff members who have contributed their legal and professional expertise to the Central Florida community
- Contributed countless hours of pro bono legal and human services to the Central Florida community
FAMU Law celebrates those success stories and many more during the 20th anniversary. The anniversary celebration consists of 20 planned events over the past year.
For more information about the FAMU College of Law, please visit law.famu.edu.